How to install the Votifier plugin
You've just set up your very own Minecraft server and you're ready to start building your empire. But before you can do that, you need players. A great way to get players is to list your server on various Minecraft server listing websites. These websites allow users to vote for their favorite servers in exchange for rewards.
In order to take advantage of this, you'll need to install Votifier. Votifier is a simple plugin that allows your server to receive votes from server listing websites.
How to install votifier and setup with the following details:
1. First you need to download the Votifier plugin file to your server and install it in the correct plugins folder.
2. Launch your FTP client and proceed to connect to your Minecraft server with your FTP file access so you can configure/config.
3. Navigate a folder called: /plugins/Votifier/ to access your Votifier configuration. (Make sure you restart your server before attempting to setup Votifier)
4. Find a file called "Config.yml" and click on it. Depending on what FTP client program you use a text editor should appear.
5. Now that we have our "Config.yml" file open, it's time to change our port number. Use "Control F" and type in "port" Once you've found the port number, change it to the number you acquired from opening a new port. That's all there is to it! Now exit out of the "Config.yml" file and save your changes.
6. Now that you've changed the port that Votifier uses to listen for votes, it's time to restart the server so the changes can take effect. To do this, simply go back to the main control panel of your server and click the "Restart" button. Once the server has restarted, Votifier will begin using the new port that you specified.
This process is quick and easy, and it will ensure that Votifier is properly configured to receive votes on your desired port. So go ahead and give it a try - your server voting will be up and running in no time!
Installing Votifier is a quick and easy process, and it's essential for any server looking to increase player numbers. To set up Votifiler is an essential skill needed to get the best player results possible just like knowing how to install plugins. By changing the port number that Votifier uses to listen for votes, you can ensure that your server is getting the most out of voting websites.
Be sure to try out this plugin today - your players will be thanking you for it! Was this answer helpful?
(Any changes that are done with configuration files or other plugins, make sure to restart your server)
FAQ to answer helpful questions
What happens if you see console errors about the port number?
If you see any errors about a port, change your random 4-digit number to the new one.
How do I know if my Votifier is working?
You can test vote an example vote by using this website by filling in all the relevant information it requires.
What does "public key" mean?
When accessing the configuration file from the Votifier folder your plugins Votifier rsa public.key is required for any server listing for your server to be added to reward players. Otherwise your server list cannot be added, if you are having trouble, please create a support ticket on the relevant website.